Anjana's Reviews > Glow

Glow by Jessica Maria Tuccelli

Mar 09, 2012

Read from March 06 to 09, 2012

Lately all I've been reading are YA books and it was awesome to read an excellent work of literature for a change. In school, history class was story time . It was all a story to me but really, all that stuff we've read about, they really happened. The good, yes, but also the bad. Hitler, Racism, Inequality and Discrimination (of any kind) - they're all real. Sometimes I read so much that I forget that fiction has some truth in it. Cruelty is real. At least as much as the good stuff is.

When I started reading Glow, I honestly went in with no expectations, no clue of what the book was going to be about, only that it was different from my usual read. The book is written from several character's perspectives, each of them with their own story. However, as you keep reading, everything falls into place beautifully. It's funny how all the characters were so different and yet so closely linked together.

Jessica Tuccelli has written a book that explores a range of emotions and pulled off a tough work of fiction. Glow focuses the issue of racial discrimination faced by the Indians belonging to the region of Georgia due to the continued growth of white population. We see the strength of love, friendship, family and hope when everything bad gets thrown your way.

I can't express how much I loved Tuccelli's writing - her descriptions are extremely vivid.
More than anything, her writing makes you feel and think. All I can say is that Glow was wonderful.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glow.

Jessica Tuccelli Hello, Anjana, Thank you for reading Glow and for your compelling review. History class was storytime for me too. Doing the research for my novel made me feel and think, and I'm glad that you had a similar experience with Glow. Best, Jessica