Alyssa's Reviews > Nothing But Trouble

Nothing But Trouble by Rachel Gibson

Mar 05, 12

bookshelves: famous, sports
Read on March 05, 2012

I can't tell if my low review for this story is just because all these books are starting to sound the same and I'm growing a little tired of reading about the same two characters in slightly different situations with different names and this is just toward the end of the series, or if it's because I really just thought this was an okay book.

After hockey star Mark Bressler has a near-death accident and is told he can never play hockey again, life becomes dark and all he's left with is anger. The last thing he needs is a series of health care workers knocking on his door telling him he "needs" them. But then Chelsea Ross, determined B-listed actress who's had her fair share of crappy jobs and serving stuck up celebrity, shows up at his doorstep and refuses to back down.

The story itself was actually fairly entertaining to me. It seemed a little shallow -- nothing really explored too deeply, feelings a bit superficial, secrets and feelings not really explored enough. The ending seemed anticlimatic and a little cheesy. I liked briefly seeing characters from the earlier books. I wish we actually found out what Chelsea ended up doing with her life. I wish she decided to not have surgery for more than that she didn't get her $10k bonus. I guess it all boiled down to nothing seemed really explored enough and the story just seemed a little too shallow and half-thought out.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nothing But Trouble.