Tomas's Reviews > Aloha from Hell

Aloha from Hell by Richard Kadrey

Apr 02, 12

bookshelves: sandman-slim
Read from March 16 to April 02, 2012

It is a great nook from beginning to end. A wild ride from earth to Tartarus to Hell to Heaven and back to Hell. The book leaves me with one uriois question. Now that it's over is Stark mortal or immortal and does it matter?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aloha from Hell.

Quotes Tomas Liked

Richard Kadrey
“It's so quiet and peaceful out here I'm getting bored with breathing. Maybe we'll get lucky and the world will go to Hell again. Fingers crossed.”
tags: humor

Richard Kadrey
“The place looks like where David Lynch would meet Beaver Cleaver's mom for secret afternoons of bondage and milkshakes.”

Richard Kadrey
“This is where you first failed us. You gave us minds and told us not to think. You gave us curiosity and put a booby-trapped tree right in front of us. You gave us sex and told us not to do it. You played three-card monte with our souls from day one, and when we couldn't find the queen, you sent us to Hell to be tortured for eternity. That was your great plan for humanity? All you gave us here was daisies and fairy tales and you acted like that was enough. How were we supposed to resist evil when you didn't even tell us about it?”

Richard Kadrey
“I guarantee you I'm not going to forget your voice. We're going to run into each other down the road sometime, and when we do I'm going to pop you apart one rivet at a time."

"There's the monster. Hello, monster.”

Richard Kadrey
“You're quite the humanitarian. By the way, thanks a fuck of a lot for leaving me off your who-to-save list.

You're on it, Alfredo Garcia. I just didn't want to say it out loud and have you call me Nancy or Tinker Bell.

Yeah, I would have done that.”
tags: humor

03/28/2012 page 17
4.0% "Slim needs to cowboy up and return to Hell."
03/30/2012
50.0% "back fo Hell."
03/30/2012
54.0% "i love the April fool's line."
04/02/2012
88.0% "cleanup on isle two boys."
91.0% "bedtime for me"
04/02/2012
100.0% "Finally finished. i still have questions about the staye of Stark...er Lucifer's mortality."