Roxanne Kade's Reviews > White Witch

White Witch by Trish Milburn

Mar 05, 12

bookshelves: loved-couldn-t-put-down
Read from February 29 to March 01, 2012

I received a copy of this book for review from the publisher through NetGally.

White Witch is an exciting tale filled with angst and acceptance, dealing with the everyday issues teenagers face today, while delivering an action-packed story of magic, witchcraft, friendship and love.
Jaxina Pherson a.k.a Jax Taylor is on the run from her family, an evil coven of witches. Leaving is the ultimate betrayal, punishable by death. A fact that Jax was made all too aware of when she witnessed her father take her mother's life, years before, when she'd tried to escape.

Wanting nothing but a normal life, Jax runs away to a small town, but with the threat of her coven discovering her wereabouts always in mind. She daren't use her powers as that will leave a signature which will lead them right to her.

Jax soon finds out that her coven is not the only thing to worry about, though. An almost run-in with a Hunter and her life changes forever. Especially when the Hunter turns out to be, Keller Dawes, the gorgeous guy whom she instantly feels an attraction for. Jax's wish to lead a normal life as a teenage girl brings a whole new set or problems as well. Her drop-dead gorgeous looks have every boy in school following her like puppy dogs, and almost every girl hating her for this. She finds an ally in, Toni, Keller's cousin and they become best friends. But Jax isn't so lucky with the Queenbee of Baker Gap High , having stepped on her toes one too many times she finds herself the ridicule of Stacey's jealousy, which quickly stirs the deep, dark emotions, Jax has tried her best to ignore.

Just as Jax starts to settle in to her new existance, a life or death situation forces her to reveal what she really is. Will it make any difference to her friends? And what about Keller? Will his Hunter instinct turn him against her, or will she be able to persuade him otherwise?

The appearance of another deflective witch raises more problems, and when Jax's new friends find themselves face to face with the evil she is evading, does she have the power to save them? Jax's biggest decision comes when she must decide if staying and putting her friends in danger is the right thing to do, or if leaving the only option.
I loved the flow of this story. It was filled with so much emotion and at times I felt a spasm in my heart. Each character is wonderful in their own right, and I enjoyed the banter between the girls while getting ready for Homecoming, and the even the relationship between the male characters. It felt very real. Keller is a total hottie, and his sincerity and protectiveness is like a warm blanket on a cold winter's night. The ending leaves the promise of great things to come and I cannot wait to read the other books in this series.

I recommend this book to all lovers of paranormal romances. Although the characters are teens, and the setting is highschool, I believe the story will connect with readers of all ages.

Thank you to Bell Bridge Books for giving me the opportunity to read and review this book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Witch.