Chelsea's Reviews > Undead and Unwed

Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson

F 50x66
Mar 06, 12

Read in March, 2012

This was my first book by MaryJanice Davidson. I'm a huge fan of a ton of paranormal authors and I finally decided I wanted to read book 1 and see if I even liked it.

I just finished book 2 and decided to at least leave a little comment for anyone thinking about reading her. It's a good choice :) I read a lot of authors. Karen Marie Moning, Ilona Andrews, Laurell K. Hamilton, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Gena Showalter, Kresley Cole, Larissa Ione, Kim Harrison and so forth :) I always like to see what other people read because it gives me an idea if I'll personally like the book myself. Normally if a review has some of the same authors I really like, I end up loving the books too :)

Elizabeth aka Betsy is killed near the beginning of this book, and she basically wakes up inside her coffin in the funeral home and freaks out. She realizes her evil stepmom put her in knock off shoes/outfit and basically stole all her designer shoes etc. So Betsy is pretty pissed and goes to confront her about it and of course her stepmom and dad are a bit freaked out. Her best friend shows up basically to get the shoes back because she knows Betsy would NOT want her evil stepmom to have them.

They discover she's a special vampire, with special powers other vampires do not have. Holy water tickles her, she can wear a cross etc :) There's a lot of action in this book. Her best friend Jessica and her mom don't give a rats petunia that she's dead, they are just so happy she's alive. She meets Eric Sinclair and has a grand time calling him Sink Lair for quite a bit of time.

Anyways, short review, its a good series and its definitely worth giving a try. There's some unexpected humor in this series. Betsy has an unhealthy obsession for designer shoes. Oh and did I mention her cat basically killed her? She was outside in the road, and Betsy goes to get her out of the road in the first snowy night. Well, a car shows up and kills her and her cat runs off. Its a great series though if you love some humor, hot alpha vampires who are bossy, and some great unconditional love that you see in the form of family, friends, new friends etc.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undead and Unwed.