Christina (Ensconced in Lit)'s Reviews > Hana

Hana by Lauren Oliver

This book is by my current favorite YA author, Lauren Oliver. Her book Before I fall and her Delirium series (particularly the recently released Pandemonium) rank among my favorite books of all time. I think because of this, I have the highest expectations of her work.

This installment is in the Delirium-verse and is in the viewpoint of one of Delirium's most interesting characters, Hana. We get to see the story of Delirium from her eyes and her experiences when she is not in Lena's company.

Lauren Oliver's prose is still beautiful. She has a way with words that makes me catch my breath after each paragraph. However, this story left me very disappointed. I think it is because to me, this is not the story that I was most interested in hearing. I did not really care to hear about Hana's perspective of the events in Delirium-- there were no surprises... Lena has pretty much deduced most of these events. There is a surprise ending and while it was a shocker, it just raised more questions.

How did Hana get to this place? We aren't guided there, there is just two pages of reflection at the end that don't lead up to this event. And what I'm interested in, is what takes place after this twist. How does this change Hana? Does she ever get the operation? What is her life like after Lena leaves? That's the story I wanted.

That said, I am incredibly excited to see the final installment of this trilogy.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hana.

Jennifer Moreno Terrible, con Hana confirme lo que mas me temí!!! Muchos sufrimos por ella, quería confiar en que no fuera asi :'(