Jewelz's Reviews > Channeler's Choice

Channeler's Choice by Heather McCorkle

Mar 11, 12

Read on March 05, 2012

I loved the first book and I was even more excited when Heather contacted me and told me she could send me the sequel to review!

Eren is still dealing with the hardship of her parents murder. Could you blame her? But now she has other things to worry about. Like the possibility that Luke, a guy who almost killed her, could come back for her. I'd be a tad worried if I were her. Luckily, she's got her family and Aiden to protect her. Not that she needs anyone to protect her considering she can kick some serious butt herself.

I love that in this book Eren actually gets a best friend. To me, best friends are crucial in a YA book. They are there for the main character when they're having problems or when they just need to talk. And Eren finally got that friend. And I LOVE her. She was definitely there when Eren needed her. Even during boy troubles. ;)

Something I loved about this book was it wasn't one of those books that was sort of just a filler in the series. MAJOR stuff actually happened in this book. Stuff that impacts the whole series. This isn't always the case when it comes to series and I sure am glad it wasn't the case for this one.

The romance between Aiden and Eren is definitely still there and it starts right where it left off. These two are absolutely perfect for each other and you can tell that nothing can break them apart. Especially when another girl tries to sabotage Eren and Aiden's relationship. I love how faithful Aiden is to Eren and how he would never think of doing anything to hurt her.

A big part of this book is that fact that Eren has a chance to choose whether or not she wants to keep her powers of being part of a crazy Mayan Prophecy. I liked how Heather made you go back and forth with Eren on if she should or not. At some points I wanted her to, but then someone like Aiden, (Man, I love him.) would change her mind and mine along with it.

Another great thing was that Eren's cousin got a chance at romance. Which was super great. Considering he had done so much to deserve happiness.

The ending? COMPLETE TWIST. I didn't even see that coming. Heather did a perfect job of me wanting to read more. I'm in love with these characters and I can't wait to read more about them.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Channeler's Choice.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Heather McCorkle Thank you for this fantastic, in-depth review. I'm so glad that the sequel held up to the debut for you, and that you loved all the new characters and twists! Thank you for taking the time to read and review. :)

Jewelz I'm so glad you liked my review! LOVED the book! Can't wait for the next one! :)