Jesse Beynon's Reviews > The Pigman

The Pigman by Paul Zindel

M 50x66
Mar 05, 12

This book follows the growing years of characters, John and Lorraine. Although they don’t initially like each other they begin to. They are wild and rambunctious. They prank phone call people for money and trick an old man, Pig man, into donating to a fake charity. They meet him for the money and turn out to start liking him. They build this relationship and continue to hurt him repeatedly through them taking advantage of him. Although they are sincerely interested in his friendship, it seems like they are only using him. Through repeated apologies and continued efforts to strengthen their relationships, we find love for Pig man and his lifestyle.
I really liked this book. I felt that this man was so good hearted. He was so positive and fun to get to know. I loved the fun the two main characters were too. They seemed to be living such exciting lives. I like their willingness to live, but was saddened by how they treated him and hurt him multiple times. There is some language in this, there is some drug/alcohol, but not much violence or sexual content. It tends to be a cleaner book. It really leaves you pondering. I recommend this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pigman.