Kristi's Reviews > Edenbrooke

Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson

Jun 09, 12

bookshelves: favorites, historical
Read from April 30 to May 01, 2012

If I could give more stars, I would. I thoroughly enjoyed this book!!

I really liked that the author wrote from only one perspective, and as a result I was very engaged with the main character, Marianne, and her thoughts. There is good humor, great character interaction, and the overall flow and tone of the book was great.

The romance between Phillip & Marianne is funny, sweet, and satisfying. I didn't mind that there were no sex scenes and the first kiss was a heart pounding moment. I had a hard time putting this book down and I highly recommend it! It's an EXCELLENT regency romance!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Edenbrooke.

Quotes Kristi Liked

Julianne Donaldson
“To my unsuspecting love.
When I look into your eyes, I lose all sense of time and place. Reason robbed, clear thought erased, I am lost in the paradise I find within your gaze.
I long to touch your blushing cheek, to whisper in your ear how I adore you, how I have lost my heart to you, how I cannot bear the thought of living without you.
To be so near to you without touching you is agony. Your blindness to my feelings is a daily torment, and I feel driven to the edge of madness by my love for you.
Where is your compassion when I need it most? Open your eyes , Love, and see what is right before you: that I am not merely a friend, but a man deeply, desperately , in love with you.
Longing for you.”