Lanette's Reviews > I Got This: How I Changed My Ways and Lost What Weighed Me Down

I Got This by Jennifer K. Hudson

Mar 08, 12

Read on March 05, 2012

I was totally surprised by this good book from Jennifer Hudson. I figured it would just be about her amazing weight loss but it's so much more. It really is a biography of her life, thus far. Perhaps it isn't tagged as a true biography because Jennifer doesn't go into any detail about the tragedy that has happened in her life, but it is about her beginnings. She realized her talent very early in life and I admire how she stayed focused on it. This book is packed with the makings of a singer and the music business. There is so much hard work behind the glamour. Early on, Jennifer learned how image is everything, regardless of if you're talented or not. People look first at YOU and then they check for talent. This was and is disturbing to her. The great part about Jennifer Hudson is that she's alway had a strong body image. It wasn't until she became pregnant and started thinking about life with her child, that she decided to become healthier.

I was amazed at her courage and strength. Though, she keeps details of her family life private, her mother, siblings and other family members are scattered all throughout the book. Also, included, are some of her favorite recipes. She is the Weight Watchers Ambassador and does hype the program, but only because it is working for her and she truly believes in it. Very good read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Got This.