Meliyaaadh's Reviews > The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Jun 03, 14

bookshelves: books-i-own, made-me-cry, contemporary, young-adult, read-in-2012, favorites, read-in-2014, reread
Read from May 15 to June 03, 2014

Quotes Meliyaaadh Liked

John Green
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book. And then there are books like An Imperial Affliction, which you can't tell people about, books so special and rare and yours that advertising your affection feels like betrayal”

“As the tide washed in, the Dutch Tulip Man faced the Ocean:
"Conjoiner rejoinder poisoner concealer revelator. Look at it, rising up and rising down, taking everything with it."

"What’s that?" Anna asked.

"Water," the Dutchman said. "Well, and time.”

John Green
“I wanted to know that he would be okay if I died. I wanted to not be a grenade, to not be a malevolent force in the lives of people I loved.”

John Green
“But it is the nature of stars to cross, and never was Shakespeare more wrong than when he has Cassius note, ‘The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars / But in ourselves.”

05/11 page 105
03/23 marked as: currently-reading
03/31 marked as: read
05/16 marked as: currently-reading
06/03 page 219
69.0% "of course I cried through the last 100 pages.."
06/03 marked as: read