Raine Thomas's Reviews > xoxoxo

xoxoxo by Bethany Lopez

Sep 11, 2012

Read from September 06 to 09, 2012

This book has been on my to-read list for months, and I finally got the chance to read it. It took me a few hours from start to finish, and then I immediately had to start the next book, Ciao. I loved it!

The Stories about Melissa series follows now-sophomore Melissa and her long-time friends Jess, Brian and Jimmy. We also get a lot of interaction with Melissa's wonderful (large) family. The stories are written journal-style, so we experience Melissa's life as she relates it in her most private thoughts.

What I love most about these stories is the voice of the narrator. Melissa is a typical teenage girl, obsessed with her appearance and her social life. But this is well-balanced with her flashes of insight and the way she responds to the challenges she faces. In xoxoxo, Melissa and her family grow in more ways than one. I laughed and I cried, and I loved the fact that Melissa is exploring her options when it comes to boys and dating. She's really blossoming as a young woman and it will be fun to see how she further develops in the next two books.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read xoxoxo.

09/06/2012 page 85
53.0% "Wow--I'm flying through this one! If I didn't have to write, I'd finish it tonight!"

message 1: by Bethany (new) - added it

Bethany Lopez Thanks, Raine! I'm so happy you enjoyed it!