Darknessa's Reviews > Dark Lover

Dark Lover by J.R. Ward

Jun 29, 12

bookshelves: series-black-dagger-brotherhod, supernatural, adult, the-2012-books-challenge, hero-vampire
Read from June 28 to 29, 2012

The first half was a bit slowish, but nevertheless interesting. I just couldn't find it in me to like Wrath, he's just not my type.
I enjoyed the book, it was really unique, J.R really gave the entire vampirisim a whole new approach, they're not invincible, just stronger than you're average people.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Lover.

Quotes Darknessa Liked

J.R. Ward
“Welcome to the wonderful world of jealousy, he thought. For the price of admission, you get a splitting headache, a nearly irresistable urge to commit murder, and an inferiority complex. Yippee.”

J.R. Ward
“...Bringing the very heavens close enough to touch.
It was Zsadist.
His eyes closed, his head back, his mouth wide open, he sang.
The scarred one, the souless one, had the voice of an angel.”

J.R. Ward
“Wrath dragged Beth into his arms and hugged her hard, talking in that other language again. When he pulled back, he ended the monologue with something like leelan.
Beth: "Is that vampire talk for bitch?”

“Maybe I could do it."

Darius shot him a dry look. "You want to try to get back into your house after the fact? Wellsie will stake you through the heart and leave you for the sun, my friend.

Tohrment winced. "Good point"
"And then she'll come looking for me."

Both males shuttered.”

“I'll cab it home."
"Naw. I'll hang until you're through. Then I'll drag you back to your apartment. Watch you throw up for an hour. Push you into bed. Before I leave I'll get the coffee machine set up. Aspirin will be right next to the sugar bowl."
"I don't have a sugar bowl."
"So it'll be next to the bag."
Butch smiled. "You'd have made a great wife, Jose."
"That's what mine tells me.”

J.R. Ward
“And I left the aspirin next to the phone with a tall glass of water. Figured you weren’t going to be able to make it to the coffeepot. Take three, turn your ringer off, and sleep. If anything exciting happens, I’ll come and get you.”
“I love you, honey.”
“So buy me a mink and a nice pair of earrings for our anniversary.”
“You got it.”

J.R. Ward
“What the—Have you been crying?" Tohrment demanded. "Are you all right? Dear God, is it the baby?"
"Tohr, relax. I'm a female, I cry at matings. It's in the job description." There was the sound of a kiss.
"I just don't want anything to upset you, leelan."
'Then tell me the brothers are ready."
"We are."
"Good. I'll bring her out."
"Leelan ? "
"What?" There were low words spoken in their beautiful language.
"Yes, Tohr," Wellsie whispered. "And after two hundred years, I'd mate you again. In spite of the fact that you snore and you leave your weapons all over our bedroom.”

06/29/2012
26.0% "Welcome to the wonderful world of jealousy, he thought.For the price of admission, you get a splitting headache, a nearly irresistible urge to commit murder, and an inferiority complex .
Yippee.

lol, i wasn't sure i was going to like this, but it's nice so far"
Yippee.

lol, i wasn't sure i was going to like this, but it's nice so far"
06/29/2012
54.0% "It's getting interesting, But wroth somewhat scares me still, I don't find him hot whatsoever, somewhat, bulky bikers in black leathers is just isn't my thing"
show 1 hidden update…