Lighthearted's Reviews > Trail of the Spellmans

Trail of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz

Mar 05, 2012

bookshelves: humorous-fiction, mystery

The Spellmans are back! As dysfunctional and secretive as ever, they now have new nicknames for each other as well as Code Phrases for meeting clients. The Eagle (Izzy’s mom) has inexplicably decided to take on a number of new hobbies, none of which she actually shows any interest in. The Tortoise (Izzy’s dad) has a secret. The Weasel (Rae) and David (nickname pending) aren’t speaking to each other and refuse to tell anyone what happened. The Gopher (Izzy) is determined to avoid having “the talk” with boyfriend Henry Stone.

Aside of trying to figure out what’s going on with one another, the cases currently on the Spellmans’ docket include a woman who wants her husband followed, a man who wants his sister followed, parents who want their daughter followed, and a man who wants himself followed. Izzy’s nickname is apt: she won’t stop digging for answers, even when they threaten to fracture both the business and the family.

I love this series!!! I’m tempted to re-read this installment right now just because I enjoyed it so much. Can someone please create a name generator for “What’s your Spellman nickname?”.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trail of the Spellmans.