Tanya's Reviews > Fahrenheit 451

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

Mar 05, 12

bookshelves: favorite-books

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fahrenheit 451.

Quotes Tanya Liked

Ray Bradbury
“Everyone must leave something behind when he dies, my grandfather said. A child or a book or a painting or a house or a wall built or a pair of shoes made. Or a garden planted. Something your hand touched some way so your soul has somewhere to go when you die, and when people look at that tree or that flower you planted, you're there.

It doesn't matter what you do, he said, so long as you change something from the way it was before you touched it into something that's like you after you take your hands away. The difference between the man who just cuts lawns and a real gardener is in the touching, he said. The lawn-cutter might just as well not have been there at all; the gardener will be there a lifetime.”

Ray Bradbury
“There must be something in books, something we can’t imagine, to make a woman stay in a burning house; there must be something there. You don’t stay for nothing.”

Ray Bradbury
“For if we're destroyed, the knowledge is dead...We're nothing more than dust jackets for books...so many pages to a person...”