Brian's Reviews > Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 02

Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 02 by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto

May 25, 12

bookshelves: manga, reviewed, sci-fi, post-holocaust
Read on May 10, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

If Alan Moore's Watchmen is a 'classic' of the dark-fantasy comic genre, then NGE is a 'classic' of anime, and one with an incredibly loyal cult following. This, then, is the manga adaptation of one of that original contoversial, yet incredibly successful, anime.

I loved the anime series, although not a fanatical fan, as I thought both endings were EXTREMELY disappointing and actually detracted from the story. After reading this first 'book' I have to admit that I am impressed how well this adaptation works. It takes the original series and looks at it from a slightly different angle.

In this book Shinji attends his new school and meets his classmates, defeats the second Angel while also prtecting two of his classmates who 'snuck out' to watch the battle, and then ends with a focus on the 'relationship' between Shinji and Misato: Is she just his commanding officer, or is he the family she always wanted?
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 02.