Valorie's Reviews > Mockingjay

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Wow...REALLY?? This is how Collins rewards her loyal Hunger Games readers? All the time and anticipation put into her books and this is the thanks we get? Too bad we can't give NEGATIVE 5 stars...Ok - I really enjoyed the first two books. Katniss is such a strong character and is in line to basically "save the world". This book was a total let down after the first two. There were so many "set-ups" in this book for Katniss to do something great (kind of what the first two books were setting us up for)and then...yes?...YES?...and nothing. Katniss completely fizzled as the heroine in this book. I wouldn't follow her into the grocery store let alone into battle...Totally ridiculous. She is so caught up in herself how CAN she save anyone/everyone else? Part of what makes a story a goodread is when the protagonist can pick themselves up and keep going (and not become completely unhinged) despite all of the horrible things that have happened to them throughout the stories. They come back and kick butt and through a hard fought battle they come out victorious against the evil they were fighting. Katniss just needs to be admitted to the psych ward and be done with it. At least it would save the readers from this painful novel. Let Gale lead the revolution. He is far more fit for it than Katniss. SO COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY disappointed in this book. I don't want to go into detail and give away the story but hopefully the writers for the third movie will drastically change the story so some good can come out of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mockingjay.