Cassie's Reviews > How to Drive a Dragon Crazy

How to Drive a Dragon Crazy by G.A. Aiken

F_50x66
Mar 04, 12

I am so excited! I hope Izzy gives him hell after what he has put her through!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Drive a Dragon Crazy.

Comments (showing 1-29)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 29: by Llsbear3 (new) - added it

Llsbear3 I think the shoe on the other foot.

message 28: by Fran (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fran Oh I totally favor Izzy. I don't blame her for trying to move on. I imagine her options were limited in the guy dept. so that's why she chose his cousin. He can't expect her to sit around and wait for him forever, anyway. If he wasn't ready that's okay, but he can't cling either! That being said, I cannot WAIT for this book. I am so looking forward to these two characters coming together.

message 27: by Llsbear3 (new) - added it

Llsbear3 Eibhear never cling to Izzy. She was always chasing
him in every book and unless she is very stupid she
had to know that choosen his cousin was a very bad idea.

message 26: by Llsbear3 (new) - added it

Llsbear3 Most armies even in fiction are more male than female,
I don't think she lack male company. But no she had to
go with family.

message 25: by Llsbear3 (new) - added it

Llsbear3 Which was very very very stupid.

message 24: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann Smith thanks cassie! I don't understand why everyone seems to dislike Izzy. I think she is a good addition to this big dragon family.

message 23: by Llsbear3 (new) - added it

Llsbear3 I and most people who agree with me don't dislike or hate Izzy, its more like they just like Eibhear that
much more and we feel Iz has wrong Eib more than he has
done to her.

message 22: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann Smith I sure it's equal. okay I might be cutting Izzy slack when it comes to the cousin thing. It's just the way Izzy had her business thrown out in front of the her whole family! her dad and her mom. though Izzy slept with one guy.. how many girls did Éibhear sleep with? I think it didn't matter who Izzy slept with Éibhear would have reacted the same way and maybe it's a good thing he attacked a dragon and not a human.

message 21: by Llsbear3 (new) - added it

Llsbear3 Eibhear would have been upset YES, but it would have
been easier if it wasn't a family member who's always
around. A CONSTANT REMINDER.

message 20: by Llsbear3 (new) - added it

Llsbear3 Eib didn't said anything until Iz hit him with sheild
from behind. Eib is almost 100 years old, you going to
live that long and not have sex, hell Iz didn't make it
too 19 years.

message 19: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann Smith let's agree to disagree.

message 18: by Llsbear3 (new) - added it

Llsbear3 Oh I disagree. I do like to debate and pro Izzy fans
have yet to change my mind.

Cassie Well think about this. When Izzy tried to at least get Eibhear to acknowledge his feelings he didn't. What is she suppose to do wait forever while he sleeps with other wenches? That seems awfully unfair to me. If Eibhear had been up front with Izzy, she would have given herself to him, not Celyn. That we know.

message 16: by Llsbear3 (new) - added it

Llsbear3 I have no objections to Iz having sex, it who I object
too. Laying with Celyn was very very stupid if she
wanted a future with Eib.

message 15: by Llsbear3 (new) - added it

Llsbear3 As far as your comment in message 13 Eib is just pro-
tecting his manhood from Izzy's mom.

Cassie Huh True, true, and Izzy should have thought about that prior to that, but then what about Eibhear actions? Even if Izzy hadn't slept with Celyn but with someone else away from the dragons? Yes Eibhear wouldn't have know but would his reactions still have been the same? I don't think Talaith would be too upset that Eibhear would be with her daughter.

Cassie Also then when Celyn and Eibhear fought and fought and Austell died causing Eibhear not only to feel guilty but also to kill Thracious, that wouldn't have happened and Eibhear wouldn't have gotten past his "Wow! Eveeryone is so nice" phase. This chain of events helped Eibhear grow up.
Looking forward to talking more!
Cassie :)

Cassie Here is an excerpt from "How to Drive a Dragon Crazy'" on G.A. Aiken's Page:

HOW TO DRIVE A DRAGON CRAZY
Publisher: Zebra
Coming September 2012!
Click here for information page

EXCERPT (Unedited/Unproofed)
“Why don’t I go?” the human male said, trying to keep the tremor from his voice.

“Why don’t you?”

“Yeah. I’ll…uh…yeah…” He quickly walked out of the tent and Éibhear grinned.

After all these years, he shouldn’t enjoy doing that sort of thing…but he did.

Still…where the hell was Izzy?

Thinking he should go track down his cousin, Éibhear was reaching for the tent flap when he heard from behind him, “…game with me…arrrggghhhh!” He spun around at the scream.

“I bloody hate when you do that!” Izzy yelled up at the tent ceiling.

“Where the hells did you come from?” Éibhear demanded, knowing he would have heard the woman come back in if she’d snuck in under another part of the tent.

But he must have startled her because Izzy snatched the small blade she had holstered to her thigh, spun, and threw it at Éibhear’s head. He jerked to the side in time to avoid the damn thing impaling his nose, but the blade tore across his cheek instead, leaving a healthy sized gash.

Fed up and bleeding, Éibhear barked, “Izzy! It’s me!”

And Izzy barked back, “Yeah. I know!”

*****

Brannie rushed in to the tent, dark brown eyes blinking wide. “Izzy? Where did you come from?”

“Out, Branwen,” Éibhear ordered his cousin and Izzy looked at Brannie, watched the dragoness begin to get irritated with her kin.

“I don’t take orders from you, Éibhear the Blue.”

“And I”—Éibhear placed his huge hand over Brannie’s face and forced her back out the tent—“take orders from no one!”

“That was just rude, you big bastard!” Brannie yelled from outside the tent.

Éibhear faced Izzy. “Why do you keep throwing things at my head?”

“It’s such a large target—”

“Izzy.”

“Why are you here, Éibhear?” she asked, frustrated. The conversation with Rhydderch Hael…it annoyed her. It had been more than a decade since she’d heard from him. It used to bother her. For years, when she was a child, Rhydderch Hael had been with her. She’d been taken from her mother at birth by a bitch goddess and it was Rhydderch Hael who’d protected her. He’d sent three loyal human soldiers to save her, to watch out for her. For years Izzy and her three Protectors had traveled around the Southlands, the god’s voice in her head, sometimes in her dreams, promising that one day she’d be with her mother again. And he’d kept that promise. Izzy had loved him then. Not just as a god, but as someone who cared for her. But her mother had tried to warn her. Tried to tell her that the gods were never to be trusted. Izzy hadn’t listened, though, and now Rhydderch Hael wanted something from her. What that was…she had no idea. But she wasn’t looking forward to it, she knew that much.

So having Éibhear here when she was already irritated, looking annoyingly adorable with those damn warrior braids in his blue hair, but acting pushy and demanding, did nothing but piss her off.

“I was sent to get you,” he explained, watching her closely. Probably confused as hell. Good! Let him be confused. “To bring you back to Garbhán Isle.”

“Why? I’ve heard nothing from my mother or Rhi,” she said, mentioning her baby sister.

“I was just told to bring you back.”

“By who?”

“Ragnar.”

Izzy groaned at that. “Oh, gods.”

“What?”

“If you heard from Ragnar, he heard from Keita who heard from Morfyd or Briec, which means—”

“Tell me this ends at some point.”

“—Mum and Rhi are going at it again.” She shook her head and walked over to the large, plain wood desk that was covered in maps and missives and weapons. “I don’t have time for this.”

“You don’t have time for your mother and sister?”

She faced him. “You have nerve to talk. When were you home last?”

Instead of answering her direct question, he pointed at her arm and asked, “Your arm…it’s healed rather quickly.”

Now she didn’t answer him. The last thing she needed was for Éibhear the Blue to know about her conversation with Rhydderch Hael. Gods…what a mess that would be.

“I’m not going back to Garbhán Isle, Éibhear.”

“You’re not?”

“If it was important, Annwyl would have sent messengers for me. So my mother and Rhi will have to work this out on their own or wait until I’m done here.”

“Until you’re done doing what?”

Izzy focused on the map spread out on the table, looking for places the enemy might hide. “The Queen wants the ogres wiped clean from this region. And that’s what I’m going to do.”

“All right then.”

But instead of leaving, Izzy looked up to see the big bastard take off his fur cape and toss it onto a nearby chair. Then he began to remove the many weapons he had strapped on his body.

Fascinated—gods, was he getting naked? And would she mind?—Izzy walked around the table and leaned her butt against it, arms crossing over her chest. Éibhear removed the majority of his weapons until he finally was able to drop onto her bed and stretch out with his arms behind his head, incredibly long legs crossed at the ankles.

When he closed his eyes and let out an exhausted sigh, she finally asked without rancor, “What the battle-fuck are you doing?”

“Me?”

“Yes. You.”

“I’m Mì-runach. I don’t stop until I fulfill my duty.”

“Which means what exactly?”

“That until you’re ready to go, I’m here with you. By your side. Attached to you until I can deliver you to Garbhán Isle.”

“Attached to me?”

“Aye.”

“Like a parasite?”

“I prefer loyal companion. But don’t worry.” He smiled up at her. “You’ll get used to me.”

Somehow, Izzy doubted that.

message 11: by Llsbear3 (new) - added it

Llsbear3 Thank You , already read it.

message 10: by Llsbear3 (new) - added it

Llsbear3 After reading all the excerpts I get the feeling I am
not going to like this book at all.

message 9: by Llsbear3 (new) - added it

Llsbear3 As for message 17 Eib was growing from his time in the
northlands, it might of took a little longer, but Eib
was growing,

message 8: by Llsbear3 (new) - added it

Llsbear3 I think Eib has grown more than Iz. She is still throw-
ing things at his head and playing games with Brandy at
his expense.

message 7: by Llsbear3 (new) - added it

Llsbear3 Hell even Brandy her best friend calls her an evil bitch.

message 6: by Llsbear3 (new) - added it

Llsbear3 She was grining when she said it, but that doesn't make
any less true.

Cassie I won't argue with you on that. Lol

Cassie I feel that Izzy is getting back at Eibhear for everything he's put her through too.

message 3: by Llsbear3 (new) - added it

Llsbear3 Outside the mess with Celyn I don't see where Eib has
done anything to Iz.

message 2: by Llsbear3 (new) - added it

Llsbear3 Eib didn't say or do anything to Iz until she hit him
with a shield from behind.

message 1: by Llsbear3 (new) - added it

Llsbear3 You pro Izzy fans don't give Eib credit for anything, he
was the only one to resist the call of the God's Moon.
He didn't take Iz when he could have very easily.