Joel Ortiz-Quintanilla's Reviews > Blood Meridian, or the Evening Redness in the West

Blood Meridian, or the Evening Redness in the West by Cormac McCarthy

Mar 04, 12

Read in March, 2010

This was the most depressing book i have ever read, but i enjoyed it nonetheless. it had me in a funk when i was reading it, but it is all the depressing things going on in the novel. I do recommend this to others but i must say to be prepared for the depression that you will feel. Back in 1993 when i was a librarian in a corpus christi public library, this man came in the library and asked me if i wanted to read a very good book. i said yes, why not, and the patron took me to cormac mccarthys books and put this book, blood meridian in my hand. since then this book has haunted me. every where i went this book always came out and begged for me to read it. it was not until my last incarceration when i had nothing to do and the unit i was at, it had the best literary books of any unit i was ever in, so i took it up upon myself and read the book. it was a very good experience.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Meridian, or the Evening Redness in the West.