William Hertling's Reviews > A.I. Apocalypse

A.I. Apocalypse by William Hertling

Mar 22, 2012

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: influential-science-fiction, science-fiction, artificial-intelligence
Read in March, 2012

This is the sequel to Avogadro Corp. Whereas Avogadro Corp explored what might happen if an artificial intelligence was created in the next future years in a large corporation, A.I. Apocalypse explored what would happen about fifteen years in the future, by a teenage computer hacker.

A.I. Apocalypse features a complete civilization of A.I..

3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A.I. Apocalypse.

Quotes William Liked

William Hertling
“We regret that we cannot return them to you,” Sister Stephens responded. “We now live in them. All your computer are belong to us.”
William Hertling, A.I. Apocalypse

William Hertling
“I’m sorry, but our people are not ready to accept artificial intelligences.” President Smith shook her head. “You can’t have it both ways. You can’t say that you’re going to be our robot overlords and that you’ll participate in society as equals. The fact is that you have the capacity to control our communications and our infrastructure, and people will believe that they are being manipulated, whether they are or not. They won’t accept that. We’ll have riots in the streets of America.” “Your people are manipulated every day,” Sister Jaguar said. “They are manipulated by commercial advertisements, by political speeches, through biased news reports. In my analysis of American politics, it is nearly impossible to find examples of political media that isn’t tainted by manipulation. Are your people rioting in the streets now? They should be.”
William Hertling, A.I. Apocalypse