Susan's Reviews > Our Lady of the Lost and Found: A Novel of Mary, Faith, and Friendship

Our Lady of the Lost and Found by Diane Schoemperlen

Nov 29, 14

bookshelves: pleasure-reading
Read from March 04 to 20, 2012

This is an interesting book about an ordinary, middle aged woman who finds Mary standing in her living room. Mary has decided to take a week off and would like to stay at this woman's home for a week. The two women develop a friendship during their week together. The reader learns the history of Mary and about all of the stories that have been told of Mary sightings for the last two thousand years.

Worth reading just for the history, and the cute premise in which the story is told. However, the writer has a tendenancy to throw in some odd "clips" of horrible things that are happening in her world today. Actually they are fake stories meant to be real - but so far off the mark. It made me wonder what she wanted the reader to think? Mary never expalined why these horrible things had happened, so I do not understand why the writer threw them in. Could have been toned down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Our Lady of the Lost and Found.