Maddy's Reviews > The Wishing Trees

The Wishing Trees by John Shors

F 50x66
Mar 04, 12

I thoroughly enjoyed reading The Wishing Trees by John Shors. This book made me smile, laugh, and cry because of it's strong realisitic characters. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give this book a 9 because of all the great details, sentence and plot fluidity, character description, and overall theme. However, I thought it ended too quickly! I was and still am dying to know what happens to the main characters next. Throughout the book, I could place myself in the scene with the characters, and I felt as though I was with them throughout their journey. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes to read Nicholas Sparks's books because they are very similiar writers, but John Shors has not based his book completely on romance, but on family as well. This book is a great book to read to learn about how people deal with loss, friendships, and family.

The end of The Wishing Trees was well written, but it left me hanging! The last two pages were of the main characters, but from a stranger's point of view, which was a very nice touch because it made me infer what was happening and who he was talking about. The book seemed to end as I figured it would, with everyone together and happy. I however, wanted to know more details about how they got there. I was curious to find out of the main character, the dad, ended up with one of his best friends or not. Also, I wanted to know if the dad ended up adopting a little boy they met in India. Even though I liked the ending, I wanted to know a little more.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wishing Trees.