Jessica's Reviews > Vampire Academy

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

May 08, 13

bookshelves: favorites, vampires, paranormal, romance, swoonoers
Recommended to Jessica by: Hannah Ward
Recommended for: People who love vampire books and alot of swearing, dirty language and romances.
Read from May 02 to 06, 2013, read count: 3

Oh my gosh, I loved the characters attitudes and personalities- Rose is so strong, bitchy and protective of Lissa. Lissa did tonnes of crazy things and was suffering from depression and Dimitri- um, well- he is so hot and a kick-ass god and kind and gentle and he has lovely dark eyes and hes strange but.... Oh, I love him- You have to read this book!!! I loved the bit when Rose was doing training with Dimitri and she was complaining because she wasn't allowed to be taught how to fight yet and then, ofcourse she had another cheeky idea. She had to jump onto Dimitri but he heard her battle cry and knocked her flying at the last minute, LOL! I also loved the bit when Dimitri caught Rose nearly having sex with Jesse but he stops and stares at Rose for ages because she was only wearing her underwear and Rose is like; "do you see something you like?" I was so dissapointed when they found out that Dimitri and Rose nearly did it because of compulsion but when Victor said they needed to have a connection for that sort of compulsion to work I fell in love with this book. I read it every night until 11 o'clock and couldn't put it down, the reviews on the back of the book are right- it is truly engaging and hard to put down. I totally reccomend this book!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Academy.

Quotes Jessica Liked

Richelle Mead
“Do you think I'm pretty?
I think you're beautiful
Beautiful?
You are so beautiful, it hurts sometimes.”

Richelle Mead
“The spell. Victor said you had to want me... to care about me... for it to work." When he didn't say anything, I tried to grip his shirt, but my fingers were too weak. "Did you? Did you want me?"
His words came out thickly. "Yes, Roza. I did want you. I still do. I wish... we could be together."
"Then why did you lie to me?"
We reached the clinic, and he managed to open the door while still holding me. As soon as he stepped inside, he began yelling for help.
"Why did you lie?" I murmured again.
Still holding me in his arms, he looked down at me. I could hear voices and footsteps getting closer.
"Because we can't be together."
"Because of the age thing, right?" I asked. "Because you're my mentor?"
His fingertip gently wiped away a tear that had escaped down my cheek. "That's part of it," he said. "But also... well, you and I will both be Lissa's gaurdians someday. I need to protect her at all cost. If a pack of Strogoi come, I need to throw my body between them and her."
I know that. Of course that's what you have to do." The black sparkles were dancing in front of my eyes again. I was fading out.
"No. If I let myself love you, I won't throw myself in front of her. I'll throw myself in front of you.”

Richelle Mead
“Only a true best friend can protect you from your immortal enemies.”

Richelle Mead
“The only thing better than imagining Dimitri carrying me in his arms was imagining him shirtless while carrying me in his arms.”

Richelle Mead
“Did you see that dress?” "I saw the dress.” "Did you like it?” He didn't answer. I took that as a yes. "Am I going to endanger my reputation if I wear it to the dance?” When he spoke, I could barely hear him. "You'll endanger the school.” I smiled and fell asleep.”

Richelle Mead
“Wow." I hadn't thought Dimitri could be any cooler, but I was wrong. "You beat up your dad. I mean, that's really horrible...what happened. But, wow. You really are a god."
He blinked. "What?"
"Uh, nothing.”

Richelle Mead
“Dimitri: "She might be wild and disrespectful, but if she has potential—"
Rose: "Wild and disrespecful? Who the hell are you anyway? Oursourced help?"
Kirova: "Guardian Belikov is the Princess Lissa's guardian now, her sanctioned guardian."
Rose: "You got cheap foreign labor to protect Lissa?”

Richelle Mead
“You…you got rid of that dress fast," I pointed out between heavy breaths. "I thought you liked it."
"I do like it," he said. His breathing was as heavy as mine. "I love it."
And then he took me to the bed.”

Richelle Mead
“Lissa and I had been friends ever since kindergarten, when our teacher had paired us up together for writing lessons. Forcing five-year-olds to spell Vasilisa Dragomir and Rosemarie Hathaway was beyond cruel, and we’d—or rather, I’d—responded appropriately. I’d chucked my book at out teacher and called her a fascist bastard. I hadn’t known what those words meant, but I’d known how to hit a moving target.
Lissa and I had been inseparable ever since.”

05/05/2013 marked as: currently-reading