Heather's Reviews > Cookie Dough or Die

Cookie Dough or Die by Virginia Lowell

Mar 25, 12

Read in February, 2012

Title: Cookie Dough or Die (Cookie Cutter Shop Mystery Series #1)

Author: Virginia Lowell

ISBN: 9780425240670

Publisher: Berkley

Synopsis (from BN.com):

Olivia Greyson is the proud owner of The Gingerbread House-a quaint shop that specializes in all things cookie-and her best friend, Maddie, is her sidekick, baking up scrumptious treats for their cookie-themed parties. But now they must take a break from baking and find a killer, or else their reputation-and quite possibly their lives-will be battered for good.

My thoughts: After having finished a heavy, serial killer novel, I needed to get back into some of my light mystery reading. This book certainly fit the bill. I am just a sucker for the cozy genre and I am even a bigger sucker when it is the first book in a new series. This story follows Olivia Greyson, owner of the ever so cozy and quaint The Gingerbread Shop, a store specializing in all things cookie cutter. Of course this also entails whipping up some delicious cookies in the kitchen in the back of the store.

Overall, a great, light, easy read. As with most cozies, yes the book is a bit formulaic and cheesy, but that is what I love about them! Nothing hard to think about. Consider it a wonderful way to cleanse your reading palate as you prepare for your next heavy read!

Other Books in the series:

#2 A Cookie Before Dying (2011)

#3 When the Cookie Crumbles (comes out August 2012)

And remember,

Books Are Life,

Heather

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cookie Dough or Die.