UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick's Reviews > Play It Safe

Play It Safe by Kristen Ashley

Play it Safe is just $0.99 today for kindle!

Okay, I love cowboys, and I love Kristen Ashley’s books, so a Kristen Ashley book with a cowboy hero?? Yeeeehaw!!!!!!!!!! Hell yeah, I loved it!

Play it Safe is heartwarming, heartbreaking, funny, exciting, burn up the pages hot and even though it’s about fifty thousand pages long… it was still too short. There’s a fantastic supporting cast of characters who need their own stories told, but most definitely, both Lash and Freddie. Those guys are all kinds of awesome!

I know I sound like a broken record, but I just can NOT get enough of Kristen Ashley’s writing because even though the writing isn’t perfect, the stories are! And I don’t know about you, but when I sit down with a book, looking for a chance to escape real life, I’m not looking to find it through perfect grammar and punctuation. I’m looking for that escape through characters and story lines that grab hold and don’t let go, and KA delivers. Every. Single. Time!

-----
If you're a Kristen Ashley addict, or just interested in checking her books, be sure to stop by our Kristen Ashley Addict's Support Group here on Goodreads!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Play It Safe.

04/28/2013 marked as: own-have-read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Anne OK I loved reading your review Dhestiny! I'm at the point where KA's "imperfections" are the very thing that keeps drawing me back time and again. Her stories are among the best!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Thanks, Anne! I can't get enough KA! So far, not a single book has been even mildly disappointing. I've loved them all. Some more than others, of course, but loved them all!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Thanks, Baba! *hugs*

message 5: by ~V~ (new) - added it

~V~ Well dang!..another Kristen Ashley book to add to my to read list!!! Great review Dhes!! :) I'm starting The Gamble today!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Thanks, V!

And...... Ooooh, I can't wait to hear what you think of The Gamble!!!

Play it Safe and Heaven and Hell are both excellent stand alones.

Jill Agreed Dhes, KA's stories are some of the best out there. And I really enjoyed this one as well. Great review!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Thanks, Jill. I agree, some of the best books out there.

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) I'm so excited to read this book. I agree with you, I don't care about the grammar because when I read her books, I'm in her wonderful world and it's perfect there. I'd take her books any day over a beautifully written but bland story. Wonderful review, Dhes!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Geez, I started raving about At Peace, not Play it Safe. ANYWAY, Play it Safe is good, very good!! Gray isn't an over the top caveman alpha male, but he's still in charge and takes care of his woman!

Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog) Sounds good babe!! Adding!

Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog) Wait is this a stand alone?!

message 13: by UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick (last edited Mar 12, 2012 06:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Thanks!

Yes, this one is a standalone, but wow... it would make a great series intro, too.

KatLynne I love this review Dhes! You very well stated all the things I love about KA's books and her writing. And did you not love Lash and Freddie? They were the best.

message 15: by Mitzi (new) - added it

Mitzi I'm so glad I have a nice stack of her books in front of me....YeeHaa

KatLynne I know Mitzi. What are we going to do when we catch up and there are no others left. I can see us all anxiously waiting around Amazon to One-Click her next release...LOL

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Thanks, Kat! Yes.... Lash and Freddie are fantastic! I hope they get stories, too.

Bakudis great review Dhes :) just like me now, addict and broken record

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick LOL!!! Thanks, Bakudis!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Nice review, now I know what I'm goint to read after Rock Chicks :)

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Thanks, Blacky! I hope you enjoy it, too :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* I'm thinking it's given, cause I haven't read a single KA that I haven't loved (and I'm on book 24) :) Not much left to read though :((((

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I know EXACTLY how you feel! I read 21 back to back. I think I only have 3 left to read :(

Blacky *Romance Addict* Hm I have 8, the Ghosts series, finish with the Rock Chick and 2-3 single novels. Then it's re-reading Colorado before the 4th comes out <3

message 25: by Heller (new)

Heller I really, really enjoyed this one as well. I hate books with long time separations but this worked and you are so right, who doesn't love cowboys??

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick So far I haven't been disappointed in a single KA book. She's an amazing storyteller.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review I'm starting this one now

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Thanks, Cynthia! There are some great secondary characters! Enjoy :)

Michele ~ la Smoocherina Good! So there's sex? I'm reading it. I've had a dry spell of sexless books and that sh*t ain't gonna fly!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick LOL!!!!!!!!! Yes, there's sex! LOL!!!!

Michele ~ la Smoocherina UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "LOL!!!!!!!!! Yes, there's sex! LOL!!!!"

Shwew! Seriously.

Tiffluvsaaron ReaDing it now :)

Cyn Mistress Kitty Damn, how did I not know that KA wrote a cowboy book?
Great review Dhes.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Cyn Mistress Kitty wrote: "Damn, how did I not know that KA wrote a cowboy book?

Great review Dhes."

Thanks!!!!

message 35: by Louise (new) - added it

Louise yeehaw!:D Great review Dhes!:)

message 37: by Duchess Nicole (last edited Jan 12, 2014 06:21AM) (new) - added it

Duchess Nicole Thanks for the heads up Dhes :D I didn't have this one yet.

SheLove2Read LOVED this one

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Duchess Nicole wrote: "Thanks for the heads up Dhes :D I didn't have this one yet."

Awesome! Enjoy!!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Sherri needs to win the lottery wrote: "LOVED this one"

Great story!