Charlene's Reviews > Divorced, Desperate and Delicious

Divorced, Desperate and Delicious by Christie Craig

Mar 05, 12

bookshelves: humor
Read from March 04 to 05, 2012

Let me begin with I really enjoyed this book. The storyline was original, there was enough humor to keep me amused, the character definition was great, and the story kept me very interested to the point of avoiding pretty much everything else that was on my "to do list" today (few books do that for me and I really love it when it happens).

So, why is there a star missing from my rating? Sex. Our heroine is sex starved and flirts with every male that comes within a firtable distance. It's all she thinks about, dreams about, talks about, etc.

While I am divorced and delicious myself (I think I am anyway), I will never be desperate or ridiculous enough to cling on to a male simply because I don't want to be alone. I resent the author taking the heroine in that direction in this day and age when women have shown their strength to succeed at just about any profession, and no longer fall into complete desperation or despair because of some jerky guy. Oh, we may eat a few extra Mint Girl Scout cookies when no one is looking, but to show us as desperate, uncontrollable wenches whose only thought is to find and marry a man? Shame on you, Christie Craig.

Accusing finger put aside, I enjoyed the story overall and will read book #2 in the series. But I warn you, Miss Lady Author, you only have one more chance with me and then your books go onto my "And we're done here" shelf. I hope the next one is better and has a stronger heroine.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divorced, Desperate and Delicious.