Rachel Schoenian's Reviews > The Man Who Walked Between the Towers

The Man Who Walked Between the Towers by Mordicai Gerstein

F 50x66
Mar 04, 12

The Man Who Walked Between the Towers by Mordicai Gerstein was the book I decided to read for my free choice of a nonfiction genre. When I first looked at the cover of this book I had no idea that it would be about the Twin Towers in New York City. Once I started reading I got very interested right away; everything about it was so neat. The fact that it is based on a real life event that happened in 1974 is so moving and touching, especially now since the towers are no longer standing in NYC. The author did a great job of putting the context of the story in a way that will grab a child’s attention and that will also be easy for them to read. The illustrations are so nicely done with a pencil-like sketching and pretty colors. I also liked how a few of the pages open up in different ways so you can get a bigger picture of what is going on. I think kids would really enjoy that. I would love to use this book in my own classroom someday to give the children a good sense of these famous historical buildings and even tying it into the tragic event that happened in 2001. I also think that kids would be surprised that someone actually walked across a rope between these two towers; in other words, it isn’t just another boring nonfiction book that kids would not find interest in. I personally loved this book!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Man Who Walked Between the Towers.