Charlie's Reviews > The Kindness of Strangers: The Autobiography

The Kindness of Strangers by Kate Adie

Sep 09, 08

bookshelves: non-fiction
Read in September, 2008

Kate Adie is a past master at telling a real story and making it not only real to the reader, but also very funny in parts.

This was the kind of book where every now and again a quick giggle is inevitable and the desire to read out snippets to those poor schmucks that share the same space with you is almost insurmountable.

It is a book of anecdotes, into which Kate's life seems to naturally crumble. She moves from local radio to national TV and flits between Lybia, the Gulf War, Bosnia, The Falklands (nearly), on tour with the royals and at the local flower show or pub asking spontanious and often inappropriate questions, quite frequently in a state of some inebriation. There are times when I thought it would be great to be able to live her life, but most of the time I was very glad I don't have to.

I really enjoyed this book. It helped me see quite another side to life and to a variety of conflicts and lightened my mood at the same time.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kindness of Strangers.

Charlie A birthday present (2008) from Richard and Carol.