Warren Bull's Reviews > The Adventures of Beanboy

The Adventures of Beanboy by Lisa Harkrader

Mar 04, 2012

Recommended for: everyone
Read on March 03, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 1

What is the true heart of a hero? Thirteen-year-old Tucker MacBean desperately needs to know. If he can create a sidekick for the superhero H20 and win the Dark Overlord Comics contest, he can win a college scholarship and give it to his mom. Then she won’t have to work full time in addition to taking college classes. She will be able to put in personal appearances at home while awake. Tucker has been reading and drawing comics for as long as he can remember but his own superpowers —turning invisible when the popular kids in school are around, and persuading his brother with special needs to actually eat something — are just not enough. Can he survive 7th grade and his nemesis Sam Zawicki. Can he unravel the riddle of the comic book universe?

Lisa Harkrader has once again created a world of wonder, humor and intrigue and left me wondering if she secretly followed me while I navigated the joys and perils of junior high school. This time she also creates illustrations that deepen and enlighten the reader along the way. I can hardly wait for the sequel.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Adventures of Beanboy.

jada dondria rolle I really respect the love beanboy has for these clasic heros.I also appreciate how tried to mail friends with the caveman that was running apparently it took him and his friend a lit of courage becsuse all he ever did was grunt every time someone ask him a guestion. beanboy tried to help him earn money for his store by asking him he make his own comics and deliver them to tbe people and he would give the money to him. but apparently the caveman did not want him to do it. poor beanboy.I felt sorry for beanboy when he git turneed down.all hus hopes and dreams down the drain.OMG!!!!!!!!!???