Emily's Reviews > Witches of Bourbon Street

Witches of Bourbon Street by Deanna Chase

Mar 04, 12

Book Title: Witches of Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun Novel #2)

Author: Deanna Chase

Published By: Bayou Moon Publishing

Genre: Supernatural

Recommended Age: +18

Reviewed By: Emily Tuley / AngelsCryHavoc

Blog Reviewed For: Great Minds Think Aloud Literary Community

Rating: 5 Ravens

Deanna Chase really pleased me with her first book on this series so much so that when I heard of this second book and that there was a chance to read it out there I went on the hunt to find it. When I did I was so pleased to find that I was not going to be disappointed. Though it has it’s spots of romance the scenes are always tastefully done and leave one waiting for the next, but the book does not just revolve around that. Something that to many supernatural romance books have a tendency to do they often just loose sight of the concept that they first start with and leave you wondering what the point of it all was. This is why I rave about this author she has yet to do this to me and makes me keep turning the pages. I stay up at night when I start her novels just to finish them. For that I have to thank her.

We pick up in this book a time later after the first book of Jade , she’s still going strong with Kane and she’s happy, Bea has started trying to train her in the white magic after finding out that Jade is a very strong white witch. It would be a lot easier if Jade would just give in and learn instead of being so adamant of hating magic and wanting nothing to do with it. She has a good reason for her hatred but it’s something she’s faced with getting over especially if she wants to save her family, friends and life once again as Jade has a run in with Meri a demon that’s hell bent on revenge and doesn’t care who she uses or who gets in her way.

Once again Deanna Chase has out done herself and I can not wait for the next book in this series and just how it will play out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Witches of Bourbon Street.