Katie's Reviews > The Mind Readers

The Mind Readers by Lori Brighton

Mar 08, 12

bookshelves: surprisingly-good, reviewed
Read from March 04 to 06, 2012

For a self-published book, this was a pretty enjoyable read. I had issues with it, but I do plan on reading the second book. You get your money's worth for sure.

What I Liked:
1. Our heroine. Sure, Cameron is naive at times, but she's also capable and active. She makes decisions and doesn't take crap from her love interest.
2. Secondary Characters. Particuarly, some of the people Cameron meets at the haven. I won't say more because of spoilers.
3. The ending and hook for the sequel.

What I didn't Like:

1. The insta-love. However, this is debatable for a couplr of reasons. I think it was more of a first love, puppy-dog love thing. Cameron's experiences with Lewis are that of a naive girl, and I feel she grows and learns from it. Hopefully they weren't meant to be, but we'll see.
2. Lewis. I seriously hated this guy. Just...no.
3. The plot itself has been done over and over before. It's like combining X-Men with the Hex Hall series. However, there is room for growth. Also, the pacing needs a little work. Yes, it is certainly fast enough, but it's too fast for the first half of the story.

For $2.99, this book is an enjoyable read. And it's free if you have Amazon Prime.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mind Readers.