Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids's Reviews > Stickman Odyssey, Book 2: The Wrath of Zozimos

Stickman Odyssey, Book 2 by Christopher  Ford

This is a funny, slightly twisted retelling of the well known mythological story of Odyssey, that will get even the most reluctant reader to read. Christopher Ford's humor, and stick figure illustrations make this story engaging and highly entertaining. Zozimos is back and this time around his adventures land him in Sticatha. There is finds the evil witch who killed his father is actually a beloved Queen. Krata shocks him by telling him the reason why she killed his father, and who the other person was that was behind his murder. In order to get back the kingdom that's rightful his, Zozimos has to prove his worth by traveling to find the golden feather.

Though it strays a little bit from the classical story of Odyssey that we adults grew up reading, this is still a read I think MG readers will enjoy. There's plenty of laugh out moments that will keep kids hooked and leave them waiting for more from Zozimos's adventures. I'd definitely recommend adding this book to any middle school library, classroom or in home library.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stickman Odyssey, Book 2.