Shirley 's Reviews > Breaking Bad

Breaking Bad by Jodi Redford

Mar 17, 12

Read from March 04 to 08, 2012

Well, Jodi has done it again. I’m honestly not a sci-fi, alien, super-hero kind of reader. Of course, I label myself as an eclectic reader, which I am. There are just some genres I don’t go searching for and this is one of them. Jodi, however, can make any genre interesting, and before you jump to conclusions, no – it isn’t just because of the *ahem* hot and steamy scenes. (Not that they aren’t…. never mind…) The connection that the characters have pulls you into Jodi’s books.

Teague was a loner and wanted to keep it that way. His only goal was to exact revenge and he was driven by guilt. Ruby was coming to terms with power she didn’t even know she had and needed help. They fought their attraction until it became combustible – pretty much literally. That in itself would have been enough of a story, but of course, Jodi had more.

Teague’s connection to his band of misfit friends helped readers connect with him in a way they wouldn’t have been able to if they wouldn’t have been included. Then Ruby’s connection with them brought all their relationships full circle. It was an unlikely group of friends, but the more you got to know them, the more the chemistry worked and made sense. It also added to the fun of the book – and brought out the alpha in Teague. *sigh*

Breaking Bad also had plenty of evil and action. It literally started off with a bang and never really slowed down. The evil characters were really easy to hate and the action scenes were powerful. In short, this book had a little bit of everything. I’m still not going to jump on the sci-fi, alien, super-hero band wagon, but Breaking Bad did convince me (once again) that I will continue to read whatever Jodi Redford comes up with next.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking Bad.