kb's Reviews > Insurgent

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Nov 03, 14

Read from August 24 to November 03, 2014

Cover art
I’m partial to trees so I like this one better than Divergent. And if the swirls are anything to judge this book by, then you know you’re in for a ride.

In a nutshell
This book picks up the pace from where Divergent left off: we get to know Tris and the others better and more importantly, we get inside the factions slowly and surely.

Spirit animal
Recovering from shooting her friend Will AND losing her parents to Evil Jeanine Matthews, Tris wasn’t in the best shape in Insurgent. And while I wanted to shake her and remind her of her bravery in the first book, it was necessary that Veronica Roth wrote her to be this mopey, helpless mess. Because, you know, even the strongest and bravest soldiers weep.

However, no medals for Tris this time around, in spite of being bad-ass in scouring the different factions.

Speaking of factions, can Amity be my spirit animal for this round? If I can’t be honest all the time (in Candor), then I’d rather be happy all my life in this faction.

Magical moments
I thought it was unforgiving of Veronica Roth to have done that for an ending but that probably was the best cliffhanger of all time. (Also best in money-raking tactic come the release of Allegiant!)

Words to live by

“People, I have discovered, are layers and layers of secrets. You believe you know them, that you understand them, but their motives are always hidden from you, buried in their own hearts. You will never know them, but sometimes you decide to trust them.”

And that is why you should never trust anybody. Lol

Yay!s
-This book is packed with SO MUCH ACTION that it should come with a WARNING label.
-It introduces a lot of new characters as well, you know, to invest mighty (angry) feelings for (haha) so that should be a treat.

Boo!s
-It’s probably only me but Four - or should I say, TOBIAS - was generally lame in this book. Is it because I know more things about him now? Is it because I prefer him mysterious? Should I start praying now so he doesn’t come across such in the next movie, that THEO JAMES would be able to save him?
-I can’t get over how Tris was for the most part of the story ! Ugh ! Case in reference from page 170: “You’re always moping. We should start calling you Beatrice Prior, Queen of Tragedy.”

Yes, Maybe or No?
It’s the transition book where everything starts brewing so most def yes.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insurgent.

08/24/2014 marked as: currently-reading