Princess Bookie's Reviews > Nerve

Mar 04, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: read2012
Read from August 15 to 22, 2012

My Thoughts: For some reason, I had a lot of trouble getting into Nerve. Maybe it was just my reading mood or just something I didn’t find that interesting, I’m not sure.

We are introduced to Vee who gets to participate in a game called Nerve. Nerve is a game where people accept dares and complete them to win prizes.

It seems like Nerve knows everything about Vee and what she would want to win. Vee isn’t usually the kind of girl who would participate in this but she wants to think outside the box and her comfort zone for once.

She gets paired up with Ian, a superhottie who has his own dares to complete. Sometimes they involve each other, sometimes they don’t.

I did enjoy seeing which dares they had to complete and how they would do them, I also enjoyed seeing the prizes they won. But, I just felt like something was missing from this novel. It just wasn’t the best novel for me I guess.

Nerve was interesting enough and I’m sure there will be a line of people who will love it, it just wasn't the right thing for me. I did finish it and I did like it enough, I just don’t think it will be called one of my favorites of the year.

I am interested in what others have to say and how much they enjoyed it. Like, I said maybe it was just my reading mood. I just never really felt like I connected with the characters or plot. I am glad I finished it though!

Overall: Nerve was just alright for me. Will I try another book by this author? Yes, of course!

Cover: Like it, its pretty appealing.

What I'd Give It: 3/5 Cupcakes
______
Taken From Princess Bookie
www.princessbookie.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nerve.