Jay Uppal's Reviews > Daylight Saving

Daylight Saving by Edward Hogan

M_50x66
Mar 29, 12

Read in March, 2012

Ok first of I won this book through Goodreads so thanks for that Goodreads and now to the book. Well what can I say? It was simply amazing. Very simply it is a modern day Ghost story. Daniel along with his father is taken to a leisure center; many would think this is fun but to Daniel it practically seems like torture; well that is until he meets Lexi a girl that only he can see... Ok so initially it seems like a pretty typical love story but you'll be surprised at how it evolves into so much more. Not only is this a great YA book but it is also one of the greatest ghost story books I have read. The things that really stood out for me in this book was the authors ability to connect you to the characters and the way he explores real world issues like family matters and alcoholism which are only a few of the many things covered in the book. Finally there is also the character of Daniel who is not your typical hero but is a shy teenager and easy to relate to. His evolution in the book has been momentous and the book itself never let me down. my only complaint was that the book was fairly short and there were a few parts of the story that I felt were a bit unnecessary and lacked any real explanation. Still this did not really take anything away from the rest of the book and it is well worth a read. I really have to hand it to the author he did a really good job of this and I can't wait to read more books from him in the future. I'm giving this book a solid 4/5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daylight Saving.