Niina's Reviews > A SEAL in Wolf's Clothing

A SEAL in Wolf's Clothing by Terry Spear

Mar 29, 13

bookshelves: 2013-reads, absolute-favorites, giddy-kind-of-good, hot, sexy-shifters, werewolf-keeper
Read from March 22, 2012 to March 25, 2013

This story has both adventure and suspense, and romance to boot! I loved the story of Meara being on a hunt for a mate and Finn's escalating jealous streak about it while the poor alpha tries his best to protect her. If you haven't read the series before ( like I hadn't ) here are some unique things you need to know about Spear's werewolves: First they are either man or wolf, no middle stage. Two, if sex gets to actual penetration you're mated, no buts about it. Which caused so much delicious teasing and heavy petting that you almost got sexually frustrated for the couple!

I hadn't read any Terry Spear books previously, but I will from now on, she's got excellent writing skills for paranormal romance, the characters are believable but animalistic at times, dialogue flows nicely and plot doesn't halt but keep moving and is exciting to read. Plus all the passion and desire make for scrumptious reading!

Loved Finn being a big bad Navy SEAL wolf, it was a compo of power, cunning and raw sexuality in an alpha package. Of course good part of the book he wants to slake his lust for Meara believing he's the last possible option for a mate, but all that jealousy and possessiveness sure seems to point otherwise. I do love SEALs but I also love hot werewolf alphas so I was so very satisfied with Finn, and his contradicting desires.

Meara was an alpha female, outspoken, caring, strong and all those in great ways. She wasn't ultra bossy, daring or stupid enough to get into trouble - and boy do I love a smart heroine! Not so much a damsel in distress, so it's safe to say I loved Meara and her alpha tendencies, which also meant she and Finn got Chemistry! Oh boy! It was urgent and blazing wicked hot, with that little bit of tease as they couldn't go all the way.

The romance between Meara and Finn started out tempting, then scorched with a kiss, and burned as lust between them, and the danger helped feed the flame. I loved the we know we wouldn't be good together, we are worlds apart but still not being able to keep paws off - it was sweet, passionate and everything one wants in a shifter romance!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A SEAL in Wolf's Clothing.

03/22/2012 page 1
0.0% "Navy SEAL werewolf watches more than bestfriend's sister's back. ;)"
03/22/2012 page 11
3.0% "Waiting for a verbal onslaught!"