Kaityln Thomas's Reviews > Writer's Retreat: New York City Edition: Cafes, Restaurants & Coffee Shops for Writers, Bloggers & Students

Writer's Retreat by Juliet C. Obodo

Mar 03, 2012

Read in February, 2012

I'm a new mom and my hubby gave me a week off to visit my sister in New York. I bought the print copy of this book at McNally Jackson bookstore in Soho. I went back and bought one for my younger cousin who's a fashion blogger and student. We love it! We visited about 6 of the cafes in the guide. I ventured to Brooklyn based on her suggestions. This was the best travel guide, I felt like a real New Yorker hanging out with artistic types and writing in cafe windows as I sipped my yummy espresso. That's another thing the places have great food specials too! I didn't have to run to Panera to eat and then back to work. My dear sister ended up stealing my copy (she says I must have forgotten it) but I'm going to just download the e-book or order another one. I think there might be one for Boston soon! Oh and I saw that she wrote her novel while visiting the cafes so I downloaded it. That was a good read too =)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Writer's Retreat.

Quotes Kaityln Liked

Juliet C. Obodo
“You cannot keep something down that is bound to rise.”
Juliet C. Obodo, Writer's Retreat: New York City Edition: Cafes, Restaurants & Coffee Shops for Writers, Bloggers & Students

03/03/2012