Amr iori's Reviews > The Idiot

The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Nov 08, 12

bookshelves: favorites
I own a copy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Idiot.

Quotes Amr Liked

Fyodor Dostoyevsky
“Don’t let us forget that the causes of human actions are usually immeasurably more complex and varied than our subsequent explanations of them.”

Fyodor Dostoyevsky
“Beauty will save the world”

Fyodor Dostoyevsky
“In every idea of genius or in every new human idea, or, more simply still, in every serious human idea born in anyone's brain, there is something that cannot possibly be conveyed to others.”

Fyodor Dostoyevsky
“Lack of originality, everywhere, all over the world, from time immemorial, has always been considered the foremost quality and the recommendation of the active, efficient and practical man.”

Fyodor Dostoyevsky
“I think that if one is faced by inevitable destruction -- if a house is falling upon you, for instance -- one must feel a great longing to sit down, close one's eyes and wait, come what may . . .”

Fyodor Dostoyevsky
“One can't understand everything at once, we can't begin with perfection all at once! In order to reach perfection one must begin by being ignorant of a great deal. And if we understand things too quickly, perhaps we shan't understand them thoroughly.”

Fyodor Dostoyevsky
“It's life that matters, nothing but life--the process of discovering, the everlasting and perpetual process, not the discovery itself, at all.”

Fyodor Dostoyevsky
“It is better to be unhappy and know the worst, than to be happy in a fool's paradise.”

message 1: by Nermy (new) - added it

Nermy Many thx

message 2: by Amr (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amr iori el 3afw .. i hope u like it :)

Yasmin Edris حقـرأه يا عمـرو وواثقه إنه حيعجبني