Jordan's Reviews > Righteous Indignation: Excuse Me While I Save the World!

Righteous Indignation by Andrew Breitbart

Mar 04, 12

bookshelves: reviewed-books
Read from March 03 to 04, 2012

Andrew Breitbart's largely autobiographical tale of his attempt to take on the institutional media by revealing the truth to the people is not only funny and exciting, but momentous, serious, and, to me, truly inspirational. I feel like if I had had this book in my hands back in college in the early 2000s, I might have gone into journalism, if only to be able to play a small part in the liberating, enlivening, enlightening, and subversive groundswell of conservative New Media backlash to the old "Democrat-media Complex." Once Breitbart understood the tactics of the leftist machine, he was able to diffuse the bogus attacks on conservatives upon which progressives fall back every time. Doing so made him a hated figure among those whose power he threatened, but, speaking truth to power, he persevered. He asks us to do the same.

Breitbart is engaging and entertaining in telling his story. The book is eye-opening and enjoyable. I read it three days, which is not typical for me.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Righteous Indignation.

03/03/2012