Kelly's Reviews > Private Property

251943
Mar 03, 12

bookshelves: ebooks, free-ebooks, erotica, contemporary, read-in-2012
Read on March 03, 2012

I'm going to start by saying that I thought this was a very sexy, very steamy, very fun book. Okay? I liked this book. Yet there's a part of me that is vaguely squicked out by the sharing thing. And I don't get that because I read books involving menages all the time and I'm usually all "GO GET 'EM, TIGERS!" and they get 'em and everybody's happy. So what was different about this one? Was it that both Jodi and Mark were fighting their feelings for one another? Was it that even after they both had pivotal internal revelations regarding said feelings, neither of them said anything and decided to carry on with the threesome? I don't know. I just know that I kept waiting for one of them to call a stop to it and neither one did and now I'm all conflicted.

Seriously, though, this was sex-ay in a big way. Mark goes into this entire situation because it's something that Jodi wants to experience at least once. He's into it, she's little nervous but she's willing to give it a try. Suddenly, he can't stand the idea of watching another man touch her. She's still nervous, he doesn't say anything.

Do you think this might cause problems for them 10 years down the road? "Hey, honey! Remember that time we had that threesome and wanted to throttle Sam for touching you and instead of stopping things I let the threesome continue? CURSES! Why didn't I say something?" Yes, I'm certain that's the way Mark talks. CERTAIN!

The bottom line is that this book has some nicely written sex and the characters are fun. There were just parts of it that took me by surprise. In a good way, mind you. To the point that I'm imagining what the characters are going to be saying 10 years later. I was using my crotchety old man voice in my head when I said that, by the way. Yep. Mark turned into a crotchety old guy and he doesn't even know it. Oh, I'm laughing. Good times. Good times.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Private Property.