Kristen's Reviews > Silver

Silver by Rhiannon Held

Jun 03, 12

bookshelves: paranormal, romance, wolves, urban-fantasy
Read from May 22 to 27, 2012

GENRE: Urban Fantasy
THEME: Werewolves
RECEIVED: Received for Review from Tor
BLOG: http://seeingnight.blogspot.com/

REVIEW:
I’m a big fan of stories with werewolves as the main focus, I was intrigue by the synopsis for Silver by Rhiannon Held and was pleased to read something different and more pack focused when it came to the werewolf genre.

Silver follows Dare who works as an enforcer for the Roanoke Pack. After losing his wife and having his child taken away he left Europe after gaining a bad reputation for the deaths he caused back home. Now in the states he takes care of the tough business and has come upon a lone wolf named Silver, who seems to be out of her mind and sadly injected with poisonous silver. Together they must stop a threat to the packs and help prevent more wolves from becoming like Silver.

Andrew Dare is a man with a broken heart and a life of loneliness. He is strong enough and wise enough to be a pack alpha but just wants to be on his own. The readers will get to learn a lot about his past, which is key to the plot and really helps you understand why Dare is the way he is. He by far was the reason I enjoyed Silver and Held really knew how to make you want to pull for him as her lead character.

Silver, she is one character I haven’t encountered before. I felt Held took a big risk in making her female lead pretty much crazy and really hard to understand. But that was a major reason why I enjoyed it, Silver is a puzzle and following her through this rough journey to find her wild self and help Dare find the bad guy was really interesting. Some readers may find it tough to follow Silver and may get frustrated with her crazy talk but in the end it all comes together.

Overall this story is about two characters who are damaged in many ways and find strength in each other, as well as trying to find a new beginning. Silver is full of mystery and a twist on the usual werewolf mythology. This book is focused highly on the characters, the romance is there just not a main factor. And the villain is majorly creepy.

RECOMMENDATION:
This is an adult novel, if your looking for a new werewolf book that’s a bit on the darker side and character focused then I recommend you try Silver.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silver.

05/25/2012 page 80

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* How are you liking it so far?

Kristen I just finished it, its really different from the Were books I have read. The main female character is hard to understand/follow because of something that happened to her. But I really enjoyed the plot and characters.

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* Have you read The Keeping (Law of the Lycans, #2) by Nicky Charles?
This is actually the second book but I loved the series. One of the best werewolf series I've read.

Kristen No I havent but thanks for the recommendation Im always looking for more werewolf stories :)

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* Kristen wrote: "No I havent but thanks for the recommendation Im always looking for more werewolf stories :)"

You should try out The Charmer (Darklands, #1) by Autumn Dawn. The Darklands series. Not exactly werewolves, but it's got a good storyline.