Najla's Reviews > Bitterblue

Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore

Jul 23, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, dystopian, read-in-english, reviewed, magic-and-supernatural-stories
Read from July 01 to 23, 2012

I was waiting for much more better sequel for this series but my hope was met with big disappointment.

Apart from the fact that it took me more than two weeks to finish this book that I consider remarkably boring, I kept hoping until the end that there would be a turning point where I would feel that this book is indeed a 'Graceling' book, charming and engaging like the previous two, but that actually never happened.

Bitterblue is a young queen who is the the daughter of the former king known as king Leck, a tyrant whose secret grace was the ability to manipulate people's minds. After his death, young Bitterblue finds herself the queen of a broken kingdom full of secrets about Leck's ruling age and even after.
Now the queen needs to find trustworthy people who can help her unfold the past and help her people to heal after thirty five years of mental and physical abuse.

I found that Bitterblue was too whiny most of the time, and I wasn't convinced that she is a powerful woman like Katsa and Fire were. I think that Saf was supposed to have extra presence in the book, his role was really secondary.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bitterblue.

Quotes Najla Liked

Kristin Cashore
“I hear you're supposed to be good at manipulating people. Try a little harder to make me like you, all right? I'm the queen. Your life will be nicer if I like you.”
Kristin Cashore, Bitterblue

19.0% "Very nice!"
07/22/2012 page 525
93.0% 5 comments
show 13 hidden updates…

message 1: by Yasmin (new)

Yasmin منيح ما قريتو معناها :p

Najla أول كتابين كانوا بالفعل رائعات :)

message 3: by Worood (new)

Worood I predicted this....Should remove it from my to-read list.

Najla I think you should read it Worood. You had a different opinion about the first two books than mine so you might like this one .