Jennifer's Reviews > Coexist

Coexist by Julia Crane

F_50x66
Mar 04, 12

Read from March 03 to 04, 2012

After reading the reviews on this, I admit to being nervous about starting it. I'm so glad I did! Yes, I deplore bad editing, but most of the issues many were having must have been fixed...the grammatical errors were minor and in no way detracted from the story arc the way they tend to do. The narration, third person omniscient, was an interesting choice and given the numerous characters and their perspectives, one can see why this type of narration was used. I've read plenty of books where the narrator keeps switching and it can be confusing, this unnamed narrator allowed the perspectives to switch, sometimes rapidly, without having to go back and see who was "speaking."

Overall, I found the story compelling, a totally new twist on elves and their world. I love that Keegan is a Starbucks drinking, iPhone using, shopaholic, dealing with the supernatural as if it were just as normal as the skinny jeans she is so fond of. Her friends are funny, her family is lovable, and Rourk is just....well, let's just say I hope we get to see much more of him in the next installments.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Coexist.