Courtney's Reviews > I Don't Want to Kill You

I Don't Want to Kill You by Dan Wells

Mar 27, 2012

Read in March, 2012

Hey Dan, DON'T STOP WRITING THIS SERIES!

I love this series. I loved Mr. Monster more than the first one, and this one might be better than that one. As the most heartbreakening novel in the series this book is hard to summarize, let alone review without spoiling too much. I'll try to be vague, at least.

I loved Marci more than Brooke after I got to know her. The romance felt real and I found myself getting misty-eye during some of those scenes. I love the double-threat twist at the end, although it was a bit obvious if you can spot the pattern (which John is awesome with spotting patterns, so I'm surprised it took him so long to see it).

The ending...was depressing. It wasn't a bad ending. In fact, it was a great ending. But what a fricken downer...

Now onto the big part which I will talk somewhat about: what the hell is with that ending? Dan Wells left the ending open. It's the final book in a trilogy and he left some threads dangling in a teasing manner. That's pure torture right there! How dare you!

Grrr...just...grr

Do I recommend it? I RECOMMEND THIS WHOLE FRICKEN SERIES. GO BUY IT RIGHT NOW!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Don't Want to Kill You.