Amy A's Reviews > Nice Girls Don't Live Forever

Nice Girls Don't Live Forever by Molly Harper

F 50x66
Mar 05, 12

Read from March 03 to 04, 2012

I don't know why it took me so long to read this book when this series has been great from the beginning. I think with the release of Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors this past week I wanted to get caught up.

This series has always been refreshing to me. It's very light-hearted and not full of all the angst that some other books in this genre have. Yes, bad things happen to Jane, but when Molly Harper writes the wallowing scenes it's with a sense of humor which is very important.

The book start off with Jane and Gabriel traveling the world. However, things do not go as planned for our couple. Everywhere they go there is an envelope waiting for Gabriel with the same handwriting on it. After hearing about problems at her as-yet-unopened-newly-redone bookstore Jane sees it as an opportunity to leave and get some space, but did take her leaving and break up with her?

Jane really goes through a lot of growth in this book and a lot of conflicts are solved. We get to see Jane living a life without Gabriel for a while. He's always been a presence in her life since she became a vampire and it's nice to see her being a vampire on her own so to speak. We also get some resolution in the problems Jane has with her family. We finally see the majority of them accept that she's still Jane and show her true love and caring the way a family should. I'm glad that Molly Harper finally decided to address these issues because they've been there since book one and to make them go on too much longer would have made the storyline get a little worn out. But how it's written is very good.

I look forward to reading this series for however long Molly Harper can keep it going. I really recommend this to anyone who needs a book or a series that doesn't take itself too seriously and always ends making you feel better.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nice Girls Don't Live Forever.