Leish's Reviews > The Girls' Guide to Dating Zombies

Mar 06, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: books-read-2012, reviews-2012
Read from March 03 to 06, 2012

This book proved to be a little tricky for me. I expected to laugh, and I did laugh. My favorite parts were the the chapters of the guide mixed in. They were hilarious! However, the thought of having sex with a zombie made me want to throw up in my mouth - Hattie warned that might happen! I just can't get past it. I know zombies are the new thing, right next to vampire and werewolves, but zombies decay. Gross! Although, I admit it would be nice to be in 100% control of a relationship.

The year 2020 proved to be a problem for me. I wish that the author would have set this a little farther in the future so that I could imagine this world better. I lived through 2000 and no zombies were created at that time, so I had a hard time with the timeline. I know it's fiction and I am way over thinking this.

I liked the mystery this book provided. I wasn't sure where it was going with the human male situation, and I wasn't sure if I was supposed to like Jake as a character. He did redeem himself in the end and there was a nice, happy ending.

Was this a brilliant piece of literature? Of course not, it's about zombies! However, it did provide entertainment and several laughs. Honestly, I would probably pay to see this in theaters just to watch the mass zombie suicide on screen - this could be a funny movie! Zombieland, anyone?

*This book was provided by the publisher for review on Confessions of a Bookaholic. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girls' Guide to Dating Zombies.

03/03/2012 page 50