LeAnna's Reviews > Divergent

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Mar 08, 12

Read from March 03 to 08, 2012 — I own a copy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divergent.

Quotes LeAnna Liked

Veronica Roth
“I am selfish. I am brave.”

Veronica Roth
“We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.”

Veronica Roth
“Human reason can excuse any evil; that is why it's so important that we don't rely on it.”

Veronica Roth
“We kiss again and this time, it feels familiar. I know exactly how we fit together, his arm around my waist, my hands on his chest, the pressure of his lips on mine. We have each other memorized.”

Veronica Roth
“I have a theory that selflessness and bravery aren't all that different.”

Veronica Roth
“A chasm reminds us that there is a fine line between bravery and idiocy.”

Veronica Roth
“Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.”

Veronica Roth
“Eric called Al's suicide brave, and he was wrong. My mother's death was brave. I remember how calm she was, how determined. It isn't just brave that she died for me; it is brave that she did it without announcing it, without hesitation, and without appearing to consider another option.”
tags: love

Veronica Roth
“We've all started to put down the virtues of the other factions in the process of bolstering our own. I don't want to do that. I want to be brave, and selfless, and smart, and kind, and honest." He clears his throat. "I continually struggle with kindness.”

Veronica Roth
“Maybe there's more we all could have done, but we just have to let the guilt remind us to do better next time.”

Veronica Roth
“Leaving us with Eric is like hiring a babysitter who spends his time sharpening knives.”

Veronica Roth
“I never thought I would need bravery in the small moments of my life. I do.”

Veronica Roth
“Half of bravery is perspective.”

Veronica Roth
“My father says that those who want power and get it live in terror of losing it. That's why we have to give power to those who do not want it.”

03/05/2012 page 30
show 4 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Erin Hooray!

Stefani now i can finally talk to you about this!