Heather Book Savvy Babe's Reviews > Lady Amelia's Mess and a Half

Lady Amelia's Mess and a Half by Samantha Grace

3.5 of 5 Stars

Lady Amelia’s Mess and A Half is a really good historical romance read. Lady Amelia’s life is a mess, she is recently widowed, her best friend is a source of gossip, and the man-who-got-away is confusing and challenging.

Amelia and Jake have always had a “spark,” however their romance never worked out. Jake had family issues and left town, and Amelia married his best friend. There were multiple reasons why the couple was kept apart, and it takes years and the death of Amelia’s husband before the truth comes out. Jake is still very much in love with Amelia and sets out to win her over. He is a very sweet man, he has honest intentions towards her, but the past continues to haunt them. Just when they think they are able to move forward, a ghost from the past threatens everything.

Amelia and Jake are the primary characters in Lady Amelia’s Mess and a Half, but there is another romantic side story. Amelia’s best friend Bianca, who is also a widow, learns that maybe there is such a thing as love. Bianca has had bad luck with men, she has been used, hurt, and has a reputation for being a loose woman. As more of Bianca’s story is revealed, I came to like her much more and Bianca also grows through the book too.

While I really enjoyed this story, I was confused as to the exact timeline of Amelia’s relationship with Jack. I was confused as to what happened when, when they kissed and when she married the best friend, and when she returned, all that gets a bit jumbled.

Overall, Lady Amelia’s Mess and a Half is a very enjoyable historical romance read. The romance is sweet and sensual, the characters are engaging, and I find that I am looking forward to reading more about them in the future. Lady Amelia’s Mess and a Half is book 2 in the series, but it can be read as a stand alone. I am curious to go back and read the first book, Miss Hillary Schools a Scoundrel, it’s going on my to-read list.

*I received this book for review*
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady Amelia's Mess and a Half.