Jess (Gone with the Words)'s Reviews > Yours to Keep

Oct 25, 12

bookshelves: read-2012, adult
Read from October 16 to 17, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Read this review on my blog! --> Yours to Keep by Shannon Stacey

This type of plot ALWAYS gets me. It’s seriously one of my favorite formulas. The guy or girl does the other a favor by pretending to their families that they’re dating...yeah, it’s the FUNNEST EVER!! Like the movies The Proposal or The Wedding Date. Looooove! Yours to Keep was just so perfect.

In a way it was a little different than those stories. In Yours to Keep, the only person “in the dark” is Emma’s grandmother. Everyone else, including Sean’s family, is in on it, and they sure liked to give them crap about it. It was really entertaining to see the Kowalski’s twisted sense of humor in play in this book.

Sean Kowalski is now my favorite Kowalski. There. I said it. He’s just so dang adorable! He’s so down to earth, and he’s so funny and cute. How could I not love him?! And I really loved Emma. Emma is not a girly girl, but she’s feminine at the same time. I think that’s a great balance and it really made it easy to relate to her. She also had a great sense of humor and didn’t take any of Sean’s crap. Their chemistry jumped off the page the more and more time they spent getting to know each other, while pretending to be an old, engaged couple.

I love the family dynamics of this series. The Kowalski’s stole my heart from the first book, Exclusively Yours , and they continue to make me laugh, cry, and want to run away to New Hampshire.

If you’re in the market for a romance novel that will take you on a really fun ride, with lots of laughs and sexy moments, look no further. I can’t wait to read more about this awesome family.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Yours to Keep.

10/16/2012 page 16
4.0% ""You made up an imaginary boyfriend." "You're not imaginary. Just uninformed." Hahaha"
show 1 hidden update…